James A. Bartek, CEO
Jim is a sales and marketing technologist focused on increasing profitability through the automation and integration of marketing, sales and customer service.
Jim has over 10 years of experience in business process management and customer experience technology. He has been administering CRM’s including Salesforce.com and consulting with companies on business process, sales & marketing since 2005. Prior to starting BTek Ventures he was an on-staff advisor to tech companies at the Purdue Research Park for three years where he spent time helping companies launch their sales and marketing operations including the proper use of CRM, email marketing, and lead tracking. Before that he led a life sciences simulation company, Seyet, as a co-founder and Director of Marketing and Sales. At Seyet Jim consulted with clients including Johnson & Johnson, Dow AgroSciences, DePuy Orthopaedics, and other companies in the Life Sciences. He also led the implementation and management of the company’s internal Salesforce.com deployment.
Jim is a board member of the Venture Club and previously was involved in running the Hoosier Healthcare Innovation Challenge, The Indiana Biomedical Entrepreneurship Network, and Startup Weekend.
Examples of Jim’s public speaking engagements:
- Sales & Marketing Automation Bootcamp
- Growth Hacking for Incubators (full day certificate training at INBIA conference)
- Introduction to Social Media Automation for Teams
- Social Media in the Life Sciences
- Represented several brands including Purdue University on Inside Indiana Business
- Salesforce.com Certified Administrator
- Hubspot Certified Inbound Marketer
- So What? Who Cares? Why You? Certified Coach – (Business idea & market validation)
- NBIA Certified Incubator Manager – (Marketing, fundraising, consulting, and operations)
Additional Honors & Awards:
- Indy’s Best and Brightest 2012 Finalist – Technology
- Indy’s Best and Brightest 2011 Finalist – Technology
- Top 40 under 40, Tippecanoe County, 2007 • Eagle Scout